Student Snapshot – LB Bunch

LB Bunch
BFA Class of 2023

Introduce yourself briefly and tell me a little bit about your background. Are you an MFA or BFA?
My name is LB Bunch, and I’m a BFA student. I’m from Atlanta, GA and have an interest in all things performing arts. Film is the perfect medium for me to express my interests in directing, acting, and production design.

Who is your favorite Filmmaker and What is your favorite movie?
Taika Waititi, Hunt for the Wilderpeople

What are you currently working on?
Currently, I’m working on honing my craft within animation. Outside of school, I actively write and perform sketch comedy. I’m also working on a documentary about women’s health, which will be a mix of animation and live-action.

What does your typical day look like?
I wake up and immediately grab a coffee and just vibe. I like to spend most of my day working on whatever I need to, then I try to relax after 5 and unwind. I enjoy watching movies and drawing in my free time.

What has been the best part of film school so far?
The friends I’ve made. I’m so grateful to be amongst a class of highly talented, inspiring students. The memories I’ve made with them thus far, are the most invaluable part of school, and I’ll carry them with me through my career.

Which faculty member has made the greatest impression on you and how?
Jason Maurer has been such a great professor. All of my professors have been great as well, but Jason particularly stands out to me. He is very caring and adamant about a health first lifestyle. The way he thinks and shares his knowledge has been extremely helpful for me to hone in my craft.

What do you think someone applying to the program should know about the FSU Film School?
FSU film is for hardworking filmmakers who want to put their all into their craft. Film will become you inside and out, which is the most stressful but also the best part of my school experience so far. With your application, be you! Authenticity is your greatest skill, so hold onto that as much as you can.

Favorite Film School Moment?
After our first films in our first semesters, my group and I just spent a couple of hours together talking over our experience, both good and bad. The laughs we shared and the love we all truly have for each other is my favorite part.

It’s late, you’re at the Film School working on something you need to finish before tomorrow: where are you and who are you with?
I’m in the computer lab, eyes glued to the screen. Next to me is Rae, another current student, also my best friend. We’re both laughing and joking and getting through our work in the best way we can.